Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Street Art of Port of Spain


Finishing my walk through town in Port of Spain, I started walking back to the hotel via Queens Park Savannah, and found these displays of street art along the wall of the sports ground on the grassy expanse of the city.


There actually was not much out and out graffiti that caught my eye when I was walking around the city, but these these panels along the outer wall of the ground seem to capture a voice and spirit.




Such powerful feminist images, with the use of colour and underlying gender themes. I can only assume 'Me', as the artist has signed one of the creations, is a female Trinidadian.


"I am shaped like bright freedom" - indeed! These works of art were the end of my time in Trinidad, and felt like such an uplifting and fitting message of fun, hope and empowerment.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...